The objectives of the Police Department are to:
- Protect the lives and liberties of the people from criminal and anti-social elements and bring about improvement in the quality of life in the society.
- Earn the good will, support and active assistance of the community.
- Co-ordinate with other wings of the criminal justice system.
- Provide equal treatment to all regardless of caste, religion, social and economic status or political affiliations.
- Promote human rights and show special consideration to women, children, senior citizens and weaker sections.
- Strive to improve professional knowledge, skills and attitudes and adopt modern methods in police work.
- Foster professional values in policing with special emphasis on integrity, impartiality and efficiency.